Who is involved in this?
Besides the Content Provider, several parties have a financial and or technical role in Premium Services.
- Content Providers: supply the actual content, game, service, app.
- Aggregators or Gateway Providers: give the Content Provider access to a network, and supplies the vehicle for content delivery (for instance the SMS, Carrier Direct Billing connections, In-app Payment platform etc).
- Telecom Network Provider: has the contract (mobile phone contract) with the end user, and the physical network to reach out to the end user .
- State: charges the GST, VAT or other taxes.
How do does roles work:
A simple comparison to clarify the roles in a daily situation:
You want to send your cousin a letter.
- You write the letter (so you are the Content Provider),
- for which you need a pen, paper and envelop (all that is provided to you by the Aggregator/Gateway Provider).
- Now its all written and in an envelop, you need to get this letter to your cousin and for that you use the post, because they have a network of posties on bikes who can bring it there (Telecom Network Provider).
- On top of the price you paid to obtain paper, envelop and stamp, you have paid tax (eg GST, VAT, BTW etc (State/Fed Government))